This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This is an amazing promotion that ends today, October 23, 2017! Amazon is offering a pretty sweet [targeted] promotion where if you use your American Express Membership Reward points to pay for Amazon.com purchases, you’ll receive 20% off your entire purchase! And the best part of the promotion is that you only need to use 1 Membership Reward points (and I wouldn’t use more since it is not a good redemption value!). The promotion is capped at $50 off amongst multiple purchases.
Steps to take advantage:
- Link your American Express card to your Amazon account here.
- Go to this Amazon page and see if you are eligible. If so, click the yellow “Click here to qualify” button.
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $250 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping cart. Or you can make many purchases throughout the next 2 weeks and the 20% will automatically apply after you activate your offer. It will just stop giving you the 20% off after you hit $50 in savings. Unfortunately merchant gift cards purchased through Amazon do not work for this offer.
- On the payment page, select your linked Membership Rewards earning credit card. At the bottom of the payment page you’ll see all your linked accounts where you can use points (Chase and Amex). Select your American Express Membership Rewards Points account and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point! Do not do full points as it is not a good value!
- On the checkout page, you’ll see the 1 point applied and the $20% taken off. No promotion code needed!
Remember, this is a 20% discount on all future purchases until you reach $50 in savings. It does not need to be one single purchase. This is an amazing way to get an even greater discount at Amazon! And since this promotion doesn’t require a coupon code, you are able to combine it with any codes that surface!