This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This morning I wrote about two new Amex Offers to Sam’s Club. One of them will give you a $15 statement credit with a $30+ purchase and the other is a $25 statement credit when purchasing a year long membership only. When I wrote about the offer this morning I missed the membership only term, so I apologize for the false info. It was 4am, I was half asleep, my 18 month old was whining, and my 4 year old fell out of the bed. So it was a long middle of the night! Even with just the $15 statement credit, you can still make some money, just not as much. And while this offer is targeted, it seems to be available for most American Express accounts.
- Go to AmericanExpress.com and register for the offer. If you have multiple American Express credit cards make sure to use the multiple browser trick. Make sure to read this post first!!
- Make your $30+ purchase at SamClub.com by January 31, 2018.
Maximizing the Deal
There are many items to purchase to get the biggest bang for your buck.
- Purchase a Visa or MasterCard: If you only have one registered American Express card, your best bet it to purchase a $50 MasterCard that they sell for $53.88. While other merchant gift cards receive a discount, the Visa and MasterCards have no discount tied to them and actually carry a small fee. Purchase one of these gift cards and receive the $15 statement credit. This means you’ll ultimately be paying $38.88 for a $50 MasterCard gift card that you can then use where ever you want! I consider these gift cards the same as cash since you can use anywhere MasterCard is accepted, which is pretty much everywhere. This means you are essentially earning $11.12 in free money! And remember, you can take advantage of this offer on every single American Express card you have! Now, if you have two registered gift cards, you can purchase one of these gift cards plus a $6.12 item (for a total of $60). During the payment process you can use two credit cards to pay, just put $30 on each card. Assuming you check out for exactly $60, this will net you $23.88 in free money (for the two cards combined) plus a free $$6 item.
- Purchase Sam’s Club gift cards. You can purchase a $30 Sam’s Club gift card directly online (really a $10 and $20 gift card). You can then use a Sam’s Club gift card at Walmart! This is like getting a 50% discount at Walmart (or Sam’s Club). Although it says you need to purchase a minimum of ten $10 gift cards, so I am not sure whether or not it will actually allow the order to go through. If you have two registered American Express cards, just purchase a $60 gift card and use the two credit cards to pay.
- Purchase another merchants Gift Card at a discount: Sam’s Club (similar to Costco and BJ’s) sells gift cards to many other merchants at a discount. From what I see online, gift cards go anywhere for between 1% to 10% off. Although there are times when they have sales on their gift cards. For example, right now you can purchase a $50 P.F. Chang’s gift card for only $39.98. With the $15 statement credit this will ultimately only cost you $24.98. That is a 50% discount! And remember, if you have two registered Amex credit cards you can split your transaction between the two (just put at least $30 on each card). This means you could purchase a more expensive gift card and maximize your savings! You can purchase merchant gift cards here.
Things to Know…
Many of you probably already have a Sam’s Club membership due to the even better Sam’s Club Amex Offer that was available earlier this year. But if your membership has lapsed or if did not take advantage of that offer/purchase a membership, you can still shop online:
- Sam’s Club adds a 10% service charge for non-members, so while that will reduce your profit, you’ll still come out ahead
- If you live in California, South Carolina and Elmsford, New York you do not need to pay the 10% service fee. I believe you just need your account to be set up with an address in one of those places, I do not believe your item actually needs to be shipped to that same address.
This is an amazing opportunity, especially since it doesn’t matter if you live near a Sam’s Club or not.Remember, enrollment is limited, so enroll now. Once you enroll you are set, just need to purchase by the end of January.
What did you purchase?