Starwood has officially announced their new promotion starting May 1st, 2011. I was close with my speculation from yesterday’s post, but the actual promotion is a slight variation. This year, the promotion will allow members to earn 1 Free Resort Night Award for every 3 stays at any Starwood hotel. The Free night can be redeemed at over 200 resorts worldwide any day of the week between May 6, 2011 and December 21, 2011. There are no limited to the number of awards you can earn.
Registration is now open and will run through June 30. You can find a full list of participating resorts here. All category 1-6 resorts with standard rooms are included, plus the St. Regis Punta Mita in Mexico. Note that it states standard rooms, therefore, hotels with all-suite hotels or all-inclusive only will not be included.
This promotion is a slight variation of last year’s free weekend night. I am still not sure of all my travel plans between now and December, however, I think I would have preferred the free weekend night for all cat 1-6 hotel award. I guess I will have to plan accordingly! Some hotels I will consider redeeming at are: St. Regis Monarch Beach, St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, W Retreat & Spa, Vieques Island, The Phoenician in Scottsdale, and if I can convince my husband, The Blue Palace and The Vedema in Greece. Some mattress runs might keep me occupied over the next few months!
- Earn 1 free night at participating resorts for every three stays at Starwood hotels
- Earning period: May 1 – July 31, 2011
- Redemption period: May 6 — December 21, 2011
- Award can be used ANY night of the week
- There are no blackout dates — if a standard room is available its yours!
- There is no earning limit for free nights during the promotion period