While this sale is not as good as some of the discounted hotel point purchases over the past few weeks, still a deal if you are planning on staying at a Priority Club Hotel (InterContinental, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Indigo) or want to gain elite status. Like all other Daily Getaway deals that I have been writing about, these sell out extremely fast. The deal will go on sale at noon EST today, April 27, 2011. Also, if you use any AMEX card you will get an additional 10% off.
You can purchase up to 5 sets of each deal, for a total of 20 sets and 500,000 points (if you are able to snag them all in time).
- 10,000 points – $67 (limited quantity of 650; max purchase – 5)
- 25,000 points – $167 (limited quantity of 120; max purchase – 5)
- 25,000 points – $167 (limited quantity of 420; max purchase – 5) *yes, there are two 25,000 point purchases for sale (you can purchase up to 5 of each)
- 40,000 points – $267 (limited quantity of 300; max purchase – 5)
Typically, through their Cash & Points redemption, you can pay $60 and reduce the cost of the hotel reward by 10,000 points. If you cancel the hotel stay, they will then deposit the 10,000 points into your priority club account. In essence, this is a loophole to purchase 10,000 points for $60. However, you need to already have enough points to cover the rest of the reward when booking the original reservation.
So purchasing 10,000 points for $67 for today’s deal is not great, but there are a few benefits:
- You will receive points towards elite membership for the points purchased through today’s deal. To earn Gold status you only need 20,000 points and for Platinum status 60,000 points. I am not a frequent member of the Priority Club hotels and program, but it is worth it if you stay there often.
- The Cash & Points option only works if you already have points in your account. If your account is running low, this is a way to get the points and then be able to redeem for the Cash & Points option.
Number of points needed to redeem at Priority Club hotels (it is much more cut and dry then other chain hotels):
- InterContinental Hotels – 30,000 or 40,000 points/night depending on the hotel
- Crowne Plaza and Hotel Indigo – 25,000 points/night
- Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express – 10,000, 15,000 points, or 25,000 points/night depending on the hotel
- Staybridge Suites – 20,000 points/night
- Candlewood Suites – 15,000 points/night
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations – 27,500/night