This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
American Express just recently came out with another holiday promotion called “the gift chain.” This promotion + the recent Small Business Saturday promotion = me having much love for American Express! The way this promotion works is that with every online purchase with a participating store (up to 10 purchases), you will receive an email letting you know what gift you have received.
- Register your American Express cards through this link. Each American Express card allows you up to 10 online purchases. You can register multiple AMEX cards if you need to.
- Make an online purchase between November 28 – December 21, 2011 at these participating stores: American Eagle, Bed Bath & Beyond, Blue Nile, Dell, Gamestop, J. Crew, Lenovo, Neiman Marcus, Nike, Pottery Barn, REI, RueLaLa, Toys ‘R Us, Vente Privee, Walmart, Yo Yo, and Zappos.
- Purchase must be of at least $25, which can include shipping and tax
- Gift card purchases are allowed
- No special website is needed to access the online shopping store, it is all linked to your American Express card. You can get a better bang for your buck when shopping through an online shopping mall and receive points/miles.
- Gifts include: 1-year membership to Shoprunner.com (seems to be the most common); $25 statement credit; 5,000 Membership Reward points; $20 American Express gift card; $2 Dunkin Donuts gift car; $100 Hilton HHonors Gift Card, etc. There are MANY more potential gifts – you can view them all here.
Thus far I have only made one online purchase and received a Shop Runner membership. I was hoping for something better! This was for a purchase at Bed Bath & Beyond. I am sure I will have more purchases (especially since I am addicted to RueLaLa) so will report back with any other surprise gifts I receive!
Also, as MommyPoints points out, Vente-Prive is giving out a $20 statement credit for your first purchase (for American Express card holders only). This is another one of those deal-a-day sites with expensive designer brands. There are not too many deals, so I am not a huge fan of this site! However, I did find a pair of expensive pants discounted to $29 (plus a flat $5.95 shipping fee). With the $20 statement credit, the item will only cost $15 – not too shabby! Also, this online store participates in American Express’s “gift chain” promotion. I have not made the purchase yet, but this $15 item when paid with my AMEX card could potentially result in a $25 statement credit (maybe!) and be a nice free gift for myself. You must be a member of the site, so feel free to register here. This site does have a referral program, so feel free to use your own link and send it to your friends (or find a friend who is already a member)! You will receive a $20 credit for each referral who makes a purchase.