In addition to Christmas Eve, it is also my birthday! While this is not supposed to be shameless plug to have all my readers wish me a happy birthday, it is always welcome! While I am actually not really into birthdays, it has definitely been interesting and fun having a birthday on Christmas Eve, especially while traveling.
- About 75% of the time I go through TSA, I get a comment about my birthday. This always strikes for some friendly conversation with the TSA folks. TI usually get one of few comments:
- You must get gypped with your birthday presents!
- How mean of you to keep your mom up late on Christmas Eve!
- A Christmas baby – wow!
- Laying on the beaches of Florida – I never complained! We then started taking cruises, and that was even a better way to celebrate my birthday!
- On a plane flying as Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are the two least expensive days to fly over the holiday. When I was young, the captain would let the kids all visit the cock pit and saying it was my birthday was a shoe in to allow me to visit and get my wings. My dad would also make sure that the captain announced my birthday to the entire plane!
- Sitting in the airport with my parents trying very hard to get bumped – Christmas time was usually a gold mine for them!
- Sitting in the airport all day due to flight delays and cancellations – flying from the Northeast always seemed to bring a snow storm this time of year.
On another note: I hope you all have a great holiday, some time off from work to relax, and safe travel!