This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
In addition to Christmas Eve, it is also my birthday! While this is not supposed to be shameless plug to have all my readers wish me a happy birthday, it is always welcome! While I am actually not really into birthdays, it has definitely been interesting and fun having a birthday on Christmas Eve, especially while traveling.
- About 75% of the time I go through TSA, I get a comment about my birthday. This always strikes for some friendly conversation with the TSA folks. TI usually get one of few comments:
- You must get gypped with your birthday presents!
- How mean of you to keep your mom up late on Christmas Eve!
- A Christmas baby – wow!
- Laying on the beaches of Florida – I never complained! We then started taking cruises, and that was even a better way to celebrate my birthday!
- On a plane flying as Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are the two least expensive days to fly over the holiday. When I was young, the captain would let the kids all visit the cock pit and saying it was my birthday was a shoe in to allow me to visit and get my wings. My dad would also make sure that the captain announced my birthday to the entire plane!
- Sitting in the airport with my parents trying very hard to get bumped – Christmas time was usually a gold mine for them!
- Sitting in the airport all day due to flight delays and cancellations – flying from the Northeast always seemed to bring a snow storm this time of year.
On another note: I hope you all have a great holiday, some time off from work to relax, and safe travel!