Between January 9 and April 8, 2012 earn double or triple points with every Starwood stay!
- Double starpoints on 2 night stays
- Triple starpoints on 3+ night stays
While I am glad to see a promotion starting so close to the New Year, it is quite dissapointing for those 1 night stays. I am quite surprised to see NO promotion for 1 night stays, and have a feeling it might be to entice guests to stay longer and not hotel hop. Since I do many 1 night stays at hotels, I will most likely be picking a different chain for those stays, one that offers a promotion (probably Marriott with their Megabonus promotion). I will also be completing my platinum challenge in by the end of my trip in Thailand (January 2012), so will maintain my platinum status until February 2014! Typically I am all about 1 night stays at Starwood hotels to maintain my status, but am glad that it will not matter for me this year.
Typically when Starwood runs a double or triple promotion, I receive a few questions on how that works with the bonus points from Gold/Platinum status or using your Starwood American Express credit card. Unfortunately, you will not earn the double/triple points on the bonus points, just on your base points. Therefore:
- Gold/Platinum status, 2-night stay: 5 points per stay
- Gold/Platinum status, 2-night stay, Amex credit card: 7 points per stay
- Gold/Platinum status, 3-night stay: 7 points per stay
- Gold/Platimum status, 3-night stay, Amex credit card: 9 points per stay