This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This promotion has been known for a few weeks, but they just couldn’t seem to get the registration link working correctly, so I’ve held out on posting. However, per Loyalty Traveler’s post yesterday, registration is now properly open. When I just registered I received a confirmation on both the website and via email. If you have already registered, I’d suggest re-registering just to double check your account has been activated with this promotion. There is nothing worse than meeting the promotion requirements and then finding out you never registered! And remember, you MUST register before completing your stay or you will not earn the bonus points.
Now, back to the promotion…. Between January 23 through April 30, 2012, earn double points with all stays at an eligible InterContinental Hotel Group stay. With Candlewood Suite and Staybridge Suites hotels, you will start earning the bonus on your first stay, however, with Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, InterContinental Hotels and Hotel Indigo hotels, you will not start earning the bonus until your second stay.
If your earning preference is set to earn miles, instead of points, you will earn the double miles as well. The mileage earning structure is pretty confusing and really depends on the airline of choice and the hotel you are staying at. I personally select points over miles during my hotel stays as you get the best value.
The great thing about this promotion is that it can be combined with their current promotion that I posted about here. Between January 1 through March 31, 2012 you can earn the following:
- Stay 3 nights – earn 5,000 bonus points (register here)
- Stay 7 nights – earn 10,000 bonus points (register here)
- Stay 15 nights – earn 15,000 bonus points (register here)
While these are three separate promotions, you can only register for one of the “stay X nights, earn X bonus points” promotion, so make sure to chose wisely.
Lastly, make sure to check out this prior post as well that details out the changes happening to the Priority Club program. At a high level:
- Starting February 15, 2012, you will not longer earn a fixed number of points per stay at North America InterContinental Hotels. You will instead receive 10 points per dollar.
- Starting January 18, 2012, the number points needed to redeem for a free night at a Priority Club hotel changed. If the hotel you are planning to redeem at has gone up in value, Priority Club will sill honor the previous number of points needed through March 18, 2012. To do this, you you must call the Priority Club Service Center to reserve your Reward Night