Via Groupon, you can purchase $100 Virgin America certificate for $39 (net: $61 off). This certificate is ONLY good towards round-trip Virgin America flight between Chicago and Los Angeles or Chicago and San Francisco. As an added bonus, they’ll also through in one free session of GoGo in-flight WiFi.
The certificate must be booked by February 29, 2012 and travel completed by March 31, 2012 (with black out dates including 2/17 and 2/20).
My analysis: One-way fares from ORD to LAX start at $89 and from ORD to SFO $109. Remember, those fares now include taxes and fees. If you are able to snag the cheapest fare, than this Groupon will provide you with a savings of 35% off ORD/LAX round-trip and 25% off ORD/SFO round-trip. However, there is currently a 20% off promotional code being offered that overlaps with the timing of this Groupon until February 29th. While you are not able to combine the two promotions, if the round-trip fare you are looking at is over $300 and prior to February 29th, using the 20% off promotion will actually provide you with a better value.
Purchase this Groupon here.
Groupon Terms & Conditions:
- Must book by 2/29/12 and complete travel by 3/31/12
- Not valid 2/17 or 2/20
- Limit 1 per person
- Limit 1 per order
- Must purchase tickets 3 days in advance
- Virgin America terms & conditions apply
- Valid only for travel between ORD and SFO or ORD and LAX
- Valid only for Main Cabin fare classes S, L, M, U, E, H, B, or V
- Roundtrip purchase required
- Must be 15 or older to book a flight
- Not valid with reward points
- Airport fees and taxes not included in the price of this Groupon
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Disclosure: This is an affiliate link which pays out a small commission.