This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Via Groupon, you can purchase $100 Virgin America certificate for $39 (net: $61 off). This certificate is ONLY good towards round-trip Virgin America flight between Chicago and Los Angeles or Chicago and San Francisco. As an added bonus, they’ll also through in one free session of GoGo in-flight WiFi.
The certificate must be booked by February 29, 2012 and travel completed by March 31, 2012 (with black out dates including 2/17 and 2/20).
My analysis: One-way fares from ORD to LAX start at $89 and from ORD to SFO $109. Remember, those fares now include taxes and fees. If you are able to snag the cheapest fare, than this Groupon will provide you with a savings of 35% off ORD/LAX round-trip and 25% off ORD/SFO round-trip. However, there is currently a 20% off promotional code being offered that overlaps with the timing of this Groupon until February 29th. While you are not able to combine the two promotions, if the round-trip fare you are looking at is over $300 and prior to February 29th, using the 20% off promotion will actually provide you with a better value.
Purchase this Groupon here.
Groupon Terms & Conditions:
- Must book by 2/29/12 and complete travel by 3/31/12
- Not valid 2/17 or 2/20
- Limit 1 per person
- Limit 1 per order
- Must purchase tickets 3 days in advance
- Virgin America terms & conditions apply
- Valid only for travel between ORD and SFO or ORD and LAX
- Valid only for Main Cabin fare classes S, L, M, U, E, H, B, or V
- Roundtrip purchase required
- Must be 15 or older to book a flight
- Not valid with reward points
- Airport fees and taxes not included in the price of this Groupon
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Disclosure: This is an affiliate link which pays out a small commission.