Yesterday I met up with a fellow blogger, Points Miles & Martinis, at the New York Times Travel Show. It was a pretty cool show and really made me want to get on a plane that moment and head to the Caribbean! That did not happen (unfortunately), but after the show, in pure deals fashion, we scoured Manhattan for some 10% off American Airline coupon codes for travel through May 21. These are being handed out at participating Riese Restaurants in the city (TGI Fridays, Tim Hortons, etc.), so if you live in the area, make sure to stop by and pick one up for yourself.
While we were not able to convince the hostess to give us thousands of coupons and give out one per reader, we managed to grab a handful for a fun little contest.
A different contest will run each Monday for the entire month of March. Each week will be something different to keep things interesting. Two winners will be selected here, but… to double your chances check out the contest running on the Points, Miles, and Martinis blog. He will be selecting two additional winners, for a total of four unique winners each week!
How to Enter the Deals We Like Contest – Round 1:
- Follow me on twitter, AND
- Send me a tweet @dealswelike including the best airline deal you have ever found.
- For example: “@dealswelike I was able to fly from NYC to New Orleans for $119 round-trip!”
And do not worry, I will not be judging you on the best deal. If you are not a twitter person, not to worry, next weeks contest will be different! You can follow me on twitter here.
- 10% off an American Airlines operated flight
- Purchase period: February 15, 2012 – May 15, 2012
- Travel period: February 21, 2012 – May 21, 2012
- Discount can be used for up to six passengers on a single purchase (*this is awesome as you will get 10% off each passenger!!!)
- Travel is valid to/from any American Airlines destination worldwide
- Travel must be booked on AA.com
- Blackout dates: March 9-12, 16-18, 23-25; April 6-9
- Discount requires instant purchase – so you will not be able to put the fare on hold (*this is my one gripe with using the coupon)
Enjoy the contest and happy tweeting! Oh and I forgot to mention – there will be some additional bonus prizes this week (thanks to some awesome blog readers who donated a coupon they received from AA for having the AAdvantage credit card).