This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Twitter just launched a new promotion where you can synch your AMEX card and receive some decent credit statements for your everyday spending! I am personally loving American Express right now (see prior blog post) as I’ve received a boatload of statement credits (close to $1,000!) with them recently and this is just one more opportunity to save some money!
Here is how it works:
- Sync any American Express card with Twitter – sign in with twitter and sync here
- You will receive an email immediately letting you know that your card has been synced
- For example, to synch the McDonalds promotion, you must tweet “
#AmexMcDonalds, get $5 back 1x on next $5+ in store purch w/synced Amex Card!” This will then link the McDonalds promotion with your account. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE # TAG
- After registering and sending a tweet for each offer, you will receive the following notification (per offer) in your Twitter account. Literally, all you have to do is copy and paste the #tag offer that is given on the American Express twitter account page and you should be enrolled – should take no more than 2 minutes!
- If you do not receive this immediate confirmation, try again as something went wrong. YOU MUST TWEET FOR ALL OFFERS DISPLAYED TO RECEIVE THE RESPECTIVE STATEMENT CREDIT.
Travel deals through this promotion:
- Virgin America: 10% back on main cabin ticket. This can be combined with the 20% coupon codes that have been floating around (see prior blog post) which can ultimately give you 28% off a Virgin America ticket!
- To link this promotion, you must tweet “
#AmexVirginAmer for 10% back on main cabin tix w/synced Amex Card! (1x stmnt credit, QtyLtd, Exp 3/31)”
Currently, there are many other non-travel deals with this promotion, including: 1-800-Flowers, McDonalds, H&M, Gulf, Centry 21, Whole Foods, Dell, Seamless Web, FedEx, Cheesecake Factory, Sports Authority, Best Buy
Similar to the Amex “Link, Like, Love” promotion, I can foresee more merchants being added as well – hope they are some good ones! Once again – way to go social media and amex! Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.
Thanks Mr. Deals for sending me this!
Reminder: Today is the last day to enter the Deals & Martinis contest for a chance to win a 10% off American Airlines coupon code (prior blog post outlining the details).