This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Update #1: You can instead make $9 profit by donating $1 to the Chabad Jewish Student Center at the University Of Texas. This is a one time thing though, so if you already took part if another statement credit promotion tied to “AmexAustin10” this will not work. You can also donate the entire $10 – it is for a good cause! Good karma!
Update #2: The $10 statement credit for tweeting “#AmexAustin10” expired on 3/13/12
This is another Amex + Twitter promo, where you will receive a $10 statement credit when donating $10 to a few different charities. This is a one time thing, thus a profit of $5. For about 1 minute of work, I’ll take an extra $5 in my pocket any day – all while donating to charity as well!
- First make sure to sync your American Express card with your Twitter account
- Then, from your Twitter account tweet “AmexAustin10”
- You will receive a confirmation from Twitter that you registered
- Donate $5 or more to the Austin Children’s Shelter or to the Jewish Federation of Austin
- Like all other Amex statement credit promotions, you will receive a confirmation email of the $10 statement credit (these can take a week or two to post)
Remember to take a look at all of the other Amex + Twitter promotions as well: