This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This past week there were two giveaways running on my site – that means, many many winners!
National Car Rental 25th Anniversary Celebration (prior post)
National Car rental reached out to me to help promote their “Blast from the Past” Facebook Sweepstakes promotion. With this, they gave me two $25 Visa gift cards and a National gift basket to giveaway to three lucky blog reader. To enter the giveaway contest all you had to do was comment and tell me what you were doing 25 years ago. Thank you to all those that entered and I really enjoyed reading your comments – especially from those were were not even a thought yet!
I asked Mr. Deals to help pick the winners by yelling out three random numbers between 1 and 38. He actually has no idea why I needed these which made it more fun. So the winners are…
- #17 – Trey was… heading to europe as a kid for the first time! ($25 gift card)
- #29 – JD D was… quite little, probably in my parents car headed towards Stone Harbor, NJ for a spring vacation. ($25 gift card)
- #6 – Sayyid was… not even born yet! (gift basket)
Deals & Martinis Contest – Round 3 (prior post)
Round 3 just came to a close and this time three people will be receiving a 10% off American Airline coupon code! The contest required you to tell me your best travel tip by commenting on the blog, tweeting me, or sending me a Facebook message on my wall. Thanks to everyone who entered – you had some great travel tips! Make sure to check out the winners from Points, Miles & Martinis as well!
- Twitter winner: Chris Wacker – “When traveling internationally, always check visa requirements ahead of time. Nothing ruins a trip like being denied entry!”
- Facebook winner: Jason Brewer – “If the airline I’m flying has an app for my phone I always download it and plug in all my info. You can check in on the ride to the airport and won’t have to carry around a boarding pass.”
- Blog post comment winner: Lina – “Don’t be afraid to ask for something. Worse thing that can happen is you get a no.”
My best travel tip – Make sure to not leave your passport at home! True story for another time… (but resulted in me not getting on a flight to Australia with Mr. Deals – I’ll never live that one down).
For everyone that won something today, please email me at email@example.com to claim your gifts! Congrats!