Many Starwood hotels include some top notch restaurants and are desirable even when you are not actually staying at the hotel. Take for example Dos Caminos in Ft. Lauderdale. This restaurant is located in the Sheraton and even if you are not a guest at the hotel you are still able to earn points on your total bill. All you have to do is email your receipt and SPG number to firstname.lastname@example.org and and ask them to apply the points to your SPG account.
While this perk is widely known, Starwood just announced a promotion where you can earn a discounted percentage off your bill just by flashing your SPG card – again, you do not need to be a guest at the hotel! I checked out many hotels and it seems as though most are offering either 10%, 15%, or 20% off of your bill! The discounted amount does vary by restaurant and you can check here to view all the participating restaurants and the applicable discount. This offer is valid between March 27, 2012 and June 30, 2012.
I checked a few hotels and found the following offers:
- Spice Market, W London – 20% off
- BLT Bar & Grill, W New York – 10% off
- Dos Caminos, Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach – 10% off
- Viu, The St. Regis Bangkok – 15% off (p.s. – I’ve heard this is a great roof top bar for a great view of the city)
- Turner Fisheries Restaurant & Bar, The Westin Copley Place Boston – 20% off
There are MANY MANY restaurants participating, so make sure to check it out. A 10-20% savings is great!
Some quick terms about this discount:
- Not applicable for breakfast or on alcoholic beverages (although I would not be surprised if some hotels allow it though)
- If you are a guest at the hotel, you must request the discount when settling the bill at the restaurant, not when checking out
- Discount applies up to a maximum of 8 guests