This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I’ve received two emails today regarding discounted flights to London with OneWorld partners (which includes American Airlines, British Airways, and Iberia). While I personally will not be taking advantage of them, they might provide some value for some.
1. Discounted Business Class Seats – To celebrate Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee, American Airlines, British Ariways, and Iberia, have partnered up and are offering discounted roundtrip business class fares starting at $1,952. I still would not pay that price tag, however, it is significantly cheaper than the typical $4,000 cost! While I love my business class seats, I am very content in coach especially when it is a savings of $800. I checked around a few dates from NYC and did see the discounted fares – so there is availability. Here is the British Airways landing page with the details.
- Sale lasts through May 18, 2012 (11:59pm CST)
- Fares valid for outbound travel May 26-June 9, 2012
- Saturday night stay is required
- Seats are limited and are subject to availability
- Standard rules and change fees apply
- These fares can be found on any of the three airlines, so you can get the points for the program of your choice
2. 25% off Avios Redemption Flights – Between now and May 30, 2012, you can redeem your Avios points at a 25% discount. This sale is for travel from Boston, Philly, NYC, Toronto, Montreal, St. Lucia to London. Additionally, this sale also extends from travel from London to select Asian destinations including Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, and Dubai. Again, I personally do not see this as a deal as the fuel surcharges alone for flights to/from London will run you about $550+ per ticket, which is outrageous. In my opinion you are better off just buying the ticket outright.
- Flight must be booked by May 30, for travel until December 31, 2012
- The 25% off Avios offer does not include taxes, fees and airline and government charges ranging from $243 to $550
Anyone else going to take a last minute flight to London?! If so, enjoy the sale!