This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Last week American Express announced another promotion for FREE money! You will get a one time $10 statement credit when you spend $10 at a participating small business retailer in Boston, Philadelphia, and Chicago (and surrounding metro area).
I actually happened to be in the Boston vicinity last week and fully took advantage of this promotion. I went to a participating liquor store in the suburbs and made three $10 wine transactions. I used all three of my Amex cards (Starwood, Bloomingdales, and Macys) and was a little concerned as I did not receive a confirmation email after my purchase (like I typically do with Amex syncing promos). Fortunately though, the $10 statement credits posted to each of my three accounts yesterday (not I just have to get the husband on board)! While I would not have purchased these bottles of wine at that given time, I do purchase wine typically so I really do consider this $30 of free money! Although I must admit, I typically am a Trader Joes wine drinker!
This promotion runs through July 4th so there is still time. Before you make any purchases, make sure to register each card in advance:
- Boston – https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/bos/
- Chicago – https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/chi/
- Philadelphia – https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/phil/
Although the Shop Small Website looks like it was built in the early 90’s, you can search for participating stores here:
- Boston – http://www.shopsmallnow.com/bos
- Chicago – http://www.shopsmallnow.com/chi
- Philadelphia – http://www.shopsmallnow.com/phila
Those who do not live in any of these three cities have had success placing orders online at the following merchants (note: these have been confirmed by others, I have not personally tried them):
- http://www.fantes.com (the site states a $5.95 shipping charge on gift cards, but is eventually waived and you will not be charged)
- Boston: none yet confirmed
Please let me know if you’ve had any success and I will update this list for other readers to take advantage!