Last week American Express announced another promotion for FREE money! You will get a one time $10 statement credit when you spend $10 at a participating small business retailer in Boston, Philadelphia, and Chicago (and surrounding metro area).
I actually happened to be in the Boston vicinity last week and fully took advantage of this promotion. I went to a participating liquor store in the suburbs and made three $10 wine transactions. I used all three of my Amex cards (Starwood, Bloomingdales, and Macys) and was a little concerned as I did not receive a confirmation email after my purchase (like I typically do with Amex syncing promos). Fortunately though, the $10 statement credits posted to each of my three accounts yesterday (not I just have to get the husband on board)! While I would not have purchased these bottles of wine at that given time, I do purchase wine typically so I really do consider this $30 of free money! Although I must admit, I typically am a Trader Joes wine drinker!
This promotion runs through July 4th so there is still time. Before you make any purchases, make sure to register each card in advance:
- Boston – https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/bos/
- Chicago – https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/chi/
- Philadelphia – https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/phil/
Although the Shop Small Website looks like it was built in the early 90’s, you can search for participating stores here:
- Boston – http://www.shopsmallnow.com/bos
- Chicago – http://www.shopsmallnow.com/chi
- Philadelphia – http://www.shopsmallnow.com/phila
Those who do not live in any of these three cities have had success placing orders online at the following merchants (note: these have been confirmed by others, I have not personally tried them):
- http://www.fantes.com (the site states a $5.95 shipping charge on gift cards, but is eventually waived and you will not be charged)
- Boston: none yet confirmed
Please let me know if you’ve had any success and I will update this list for other readers to take advantage!