This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
… with any pre-paid American Express card. Through June 30th, receive a $25 gift card FOR FREE when you order an American Express prepaid card and load $200 or more on the card at the time of ordering.
Many people already have these prepaid cards by purchasing them at Office Depot where they earn 5x points by using their Chase Ink Bold card! However, for those of you who do not have this particular credit card, are not interested in the hassle of going to Office Depot, or live in a state/city that does not sell them (i.e, NYC!), then this is the perfect opportunity to still get some FREE money!
- This card has no fees (unless purchased at Office Depot)
- Can be used as a form of payment anywhere American Express is accepted
- Has the same purchase protection benefits as all other Amex credit cards!
- Can withdraw up to $400 per day at ATM machines.
- Amex Fees: First withdrawal per month is free. There after you will be charged $2 per withdrawal
- ATM Fees: Each ATM machine imposes varying fees
- (note: Amex will not charge any fees, but the ATM might charge a fee)
- Cannot be sent to residents in the states of Arkansas or Vermont
Steps to get your FREE $25:
- Step 1: Order an American Express Prepaid Card here.
- Select the option: “I would like to order a new Card (I don’t have a temporary Card).”
- Must add $200+ to the card to get the free $25
- You will be asked for your SS#, however, no credit check will be run
- Step 2: Once your card has shipped, activate your card and set up your account
- Your $25 FREE American Express gift card will be sent to you via mail within 6 weeks
- Step 3: Use your American Express Prepaid Card at a merchant to purchase an item or withdraw the cash from an ATM (note: DO NOT abuse the ATM privilege)
- Step 4: People have reported being able to order a maximum of three of these cards and received three $25 gift cards – that is now $75 for FREE!
How to continue to utilize this card
Many people will solely use this card for the FREE $25, however, there are great points and miles opportunities by sticking with this card for your everyday purchases. If you have the Chase Ink Bold credit card, you can purchase prepaid re-loadable cards at office supply stores. This will give you 5x on your purchase. Many have purchased the myVanilla Prepaid Reload card at Office Depot stores. Each card costs $3.95 regardless of the dollar value. The best bang for your buck is to purchase the $500 card (the highest amount available).
You can then load the value of this card to the American Express Prepaid Card you just purchased. You can load a maximum of $1,000 in any 24-hour period and $2,500 every 28 days. Note though that some stores are no longer allowing you to use your credit card to purchase these cards, only cash is accepted. If that is the case then you are out of luck. However, I’d recommend asking a manager if they’ll allow the transaction to go through. The main reason they are limiting this is due to fraud, not our little crew trying to earn more points and miles! Also, these cards cannot be purchased in New Jersey, Arkansas, and Vermont. NYC does not sell these cards either.
Just make sure not to abuse this as Chase is allowed to close down your account at any point for any reason.
- Chase Ink Bold credit card: Current offer is for 25,000 points after your first purchase then another 25,000 points after spending $10,000 in the first three months (hint: the reload cards can help you meet the minimum spend!).
- American Express Prepaid gift card: Free card where you will get $25 gift card after loading $200 on the card at one time. OFFER ENDS JUNE 30, 2012.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.