Another American Express statement credit promotion!!! This time, you can get a $30 statement credit by spending $150 at three participating merchants in Washington, D.C. There are a few stipulations: 1) the promotion runs between July 1 and July 31, and 2) you must use your registered American Express credit card. Fortunately this promotion has done a great job with their participating merchant list so it should be extremely clear which transactions count. This promotion is primarily limited to hotels, restaurants, and attractions. There are a few other merchants, but they are slim. You can check a list of participating merchants here.
So how does this work?
- Register your American Express credit card (corporate cards do not apply).
- Make at least three (3) purchases at three (3) different Washington, DC participating merchants between July 1-31. The three transactions must total at least $150.
- Within 3-5 business days you will receive a $30 statement credit on your registered American Express credit card
- There is no minimum dollar amount for each transaction. For example, you can have one $150 transaction at Merchant 1, while Merchant 2 and 3 can be $1.
- If you are scrounging around to to complete one or two more transactions, just go to a participating restaurant and purchase a $1 soda – or maybe the bar will just charge you a nickel for a cup of water!
- The terms state that you can only register one card per person, but I have a feeling that registering multiple cards will work (at least they have for other promotions).
- Make sure to complete all three transactions with the same registered American Express card.