In June, American Express was offering a free $25 gift card with every $200 loaded prepaid American Express card. While this was a great promotion for FREE money it is unfortunately over. However, reader Lenny commented letting me know that the next day Amex presented us with another promotion (thanks for letting me know!). While not as good as the June promo, it is still something! FREE IS FREE, right?!
For the month of July, when you order an American Express prepaid card and load $50 or more on the card at the time of ordering, you’ll receive a free $10 Amex gift card.
- This card has no fees when purchased online
- Can be used as a form of payment anywhere American Express is accepted
- Has the same purchase protection benefits as all other Amex credit cards!
- No foreign transaction fees, even when used at international ATMs
- Can withdraw up to $400 per day at ATM machines.
- Amex Fees: First withdrawal per month is free. There after you will be charged $2 per withdrawal
- ATM Fees: Each ATM machine imposes varying fees – it is best to find a no fee ATM
- Cannot be sent to residents in the states of Arkansas or Vermont
Steps to get your FREE $10:
- Step 1: Order an American Express Prepaid Card here.
- Select the option: “I would like to order a new Card (I don’t have a temporary Card).”
- Must add $50+ to the card to get the free $10
- You will be asked for your SS#, however, no credit check will be run
- Step 2: Once your card has shipped, activate your card and set up your account. You will also need to verify the trial deposits from your bank account.
- Your $10 FREE American Express gift card will be sent to you via mail within 6 weeks
- Step 3: Use your American Express Prepaid Card at a merchant to purchase an item or withdraw the cash from an ATM (note: DO NOT abuse the ATM privilege)
- Step 4: People have reported being able to order a maximum of three of these cards, which means you’ll receive $30 in Amex gift cards for FREE!
What I do not know, but will look into, is if you can take advantage of this promotion if you already ordered 1-3 prepaid cards in June. I will be trying it out and posting my success shortly. If you’ve had any luck let me know. Let’s hope so!