This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
As I laid out for you a few weeks ago, the online tool is now available to transfer your British Midland International (BMI) miles to British Airways Avios. Points will transfer as a 1:1 ratio. Now, the one caveat is that transfers can only be made between individual accounts and not to BA household accounts. If you currently have a BA household account and have many BMI miles you’d like to transfer over, I’d highly suggest disassembling your household account asap. UPDATE: Readers have been able to transfer their miles over even with a household account, so see if it works for you!
Even if you do not think you have any BMI miles, make sure to double check! There was a promotion awhile ago where you would get 1,000 BMI miles just for creating a new account. Good chance you probably forgot about that, and if so, you are 1,000 British Airways points richer!
How to transfer your miles:
- Log into your British Airways Executive Club account (if you do not currently have an account you can create one here)
- Halfway down the page you’ll find a section called “Your Options” – underneath that click “Combine My Avios”
- Click the red “Combine My Avios” button at the bottom of the page
- Select “bmi Diamond Club” from the “Select your Programme” drop-down and enter your bmi membership number and password (you can sign onto your bmi account here to find your membership number)
- Enter the amount of miles you want to transfer from bmi to British Airways (you cannot transfer the other way) and click “Review Combine my Accounts”
- Accept the terms and conditions and click “Combine my Avios”
- Your miles have transfered over