This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
So every day around 6pm or so my email subscribers receive a daily email of all the blog posts for the day. Many love this, while others hate it as they miss the “Act Now” alerts. Obviously you should just be refreshing this page every minute, but I get it… not everyone is sitting at their desk all day every day just seeing what Mrs. Deals has in store.
So after some help from my Twitter followers and one particular reader, I’ve found a solution. The only caveat is that you must have twitter to do this, oh and a cell phone. If this is of interest and you do not have a twitter account, just set one up for this particular purpose and you never need to go to it again.
This is ultimately for those, “get off the toilet now and book, alerts!”
Steps to do this:
- Step 1: Create a Twitter account if you need to
- Step 2: Go to the Twitter Settings page for mobile devices. Select your country/region and enter your phone number. Then click the “Activate Now” button. I will never receive this information, this is all through Twitter.
- Step 3: From your cell phone text “GO” to the number “40404” – once activated it will bring you to a new screen.
- Step 4: Select the settings you desire for your Twitter account. If you are only looking at this mobile option to receive Tweets from me (and anyone else you so desire), I suggest only checking the “Tweets from people you’ve enabled for mobile notifications.” You can also select the Sleep Options, but I promise, I am usually sleeping during the night. Unless some major deal, and then trust me, you’ll want to wake up for that one! Once you selected your desired options, click the “Save Changes” button.
- Step 5: You will receive an email confirmation that is linked to your Twitter account. It will say, “Twitter has added a phone to your account.”
- Step 6: Register to receive a text message from the individual Twitter members you desire. Text “FOLLOW XXXX” to 40404. The “XXXX” stands for the Twitter account. Now since you have no desire to get a text message every time I tweet, I created a separate Twitter account for just “Act Now Deal Alerts.” This new Twitter handle is @DWL_Alert. To receive a text message every time there is an alert text “FOLLOW DWL_Alert” to 40404.
I really hope this helps and ensures that everyone is kept up to date with all of the travel deal glitches, mistakes, limited time deals, etc. This will not be used much, but when it is, I promise it will be a great limited time deal.
Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or maybe even positive feedback? If these directions don’t make sense, send me an email and I’ll try to help you individually.
Now let’s just hope for another mistake fare!
Standard text messaging rates apply, so keep that in mind. It all depends on the plan you have!