This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
With every Avis car rental through August 31st, you are able to earn an incredible amount of American Airline AAdvantage miles.
- Rentals of 1-2 days: 3,000 bonus miles
- Rentals of 3+ days: 5,000 bonus miles
This is an awesome deal and a great way to earn some American miles. Now, this probably goes without saying, but if you have the time and are willing to put in the effort you can do even better. Have a 2 day rental? Well instead of one 2-day rental, go for two 1-day rentals. Yes, this will require you to go back and forth to the car rental place, but depending on your need, it may be worth it. Blogger Mommy Points even presented some cheap rentals at Houston Hobby Airport for around $19/day (after tax). So even if you do not really need a rental, you might find it worthwhile to rent a car just for the miles.
How to make the reservation and take advantage of the promotion:
- Go to the avis website (or go through the TopCashBack.com online shopping portal for 5.5% cash back)
- Use coupon code MUAA035
- You can also try using AWD number K817165 to see if that saves you anything on your rental (or use another AWD number that you find!)
Things to know about earning miles with Avis:
- You will only earn miles at participating Avis airport location in the US and Canada
- You are not able to earn miles with many corporate AWD rates
- You must give your AA number when making your reservation (or at the rental counter, but not sure I’d trust this)
- There is a slight surcharge of about $0.75/day when earning miles
- Miles take 6-8 weeks to post
- Cannot be combined with any other coupon or promotion – for example, you can only select the free night rental/upgrade or the bonus miles, not both!