This past week many of the bloggers on BoardingArea participated in a giveaway for 2 seats on the sold out Star MegaDO. Each of the 30 or so bloggers have selected (or will select) a winner today and pass that person onto the final drawing. Out of those ~30 entrees submitted, two will be selected to actually win a seat.
Without further ado, the winner (per random.org) is reader MidTierStatus who stated that his/her best deal was “$50 roundtrip DTW – NYC.” Congrats – I have my fingers crossed that you’ll make it to the final two! Please email me today to confirm you’ll be able to attend if selected. If not, I will move onto the runner up (Becky, comment number #76).
Thanks for everyone who submitting their best travel deal yet! Some of my best travel deals over the past few years include:
- $400 roundtrip flight to Israel
- 4,500 Avios points oneway from NY to Montreal on a flight that would have cost $250
- $119 roundtrip flight to New Orleans
- $29 one way flight to New Orleans thanks to the recent JetBlue mystery money promotion
- Sending my brother to California for free thanks to this past Spring’s JetBlue mystery money promotion
- Southwest companion pass where Mr. Deals can fly with me for free!
- Over $3,000 in American Airline bumping money in the past few years (with some actually putting me on better flights)
- $800 in United Airlines bumping money for hanging out in Houston airport and being upgraded to business class
- Free Hyatt hotels for my honeymoon in Bali and Vietnam thanks to Hyatt’s Faster Free Night promotion (please Hyatt bring that back!!!)
- Free 9 nights in Kauai and Honolulu at Hyatt hotels, again due to the Faster Free Night promotions
- Bringing my parents and siblings to Europe and staying in Copenhagen and Stockholm for free thanks to Starwoods free night promotion (which I miss as well!)
While this is not an inclusive list, hopefully it will help highlight some deals to be had with just a little bit of effort! Yes, the free hotel nights were easy to obtain when I traveled for work every week, so not as easy for the everyday person, but all the rest can be yours!
Keep up with the travel deals! Congrats again MidTierStatus!