This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This past week many of the bloggers on BoardingArea participated in a giveaway for 2 seats on the sold out Star MegaDO. Each of the 30 or so bloggers have selected (or will select) a winner today and pass that person onto the final drawing. Out of those ~30 entrees submitted, two will be selected to actually win a seat.
Without further ado, the winner (per random.org) is reader MidTierStatus who stated that his/her best deal was “$50 roundtrip DTW – NYC.” Congrats – I have my fingers crossed that you’ll make it to the final two! Please email me today to confirm you’ll be able to attend if selected. If not, I will move onto the runner up (Becky, comment number #76).
Thanks for everyone who submitting their best travel deal yet! Some of my best travel deals over the past few years include:
- $400 roundtrip flight to Israel
- 4,500 Avios points oneway from NY to Montreal on a flight that would have cost $250
- $119 roundtrip flight to New Orleans
- $29 one way flight to New Orleans thanks to the recent JetBlue mystery money promotion
- Sending my brother to California for free thanks to this past Spring’s JetBlue mystery money promotion
- Southwest companion pass where Mr. Deals can fly with me for free!
- Over $3,000 in American Airline bumping money in the past few years (with some actually putting me on better flights)
- $800 in United Airlines bumping money for hanging out in Houston airport and being upgraded to business class
- Free Hyatt hotels for my honeymoon in Bali and Vietnam thanks to Hyatt’s Faster Free Night promotion (please Hyatt bring that back!!!)
- Free 9 nights in Kauai and Honolulu at Hyatt hotels, again due to the Faster Free Night promotions
- Bringing my parents and siblings to Europe and staying in Copenhagen and Stockholm for free thanks to Starwoods free night promotion (which I miss as well!)
While this is not an inclusive list, hopefully it will help highlight some deals to be had with just a little bit of effort! Yes, the free hotel nights were easy to obtain when I traveled for work every week, so not as easy for the everyday person, but all the rest can be yours!
Keep up with the travel deals! Congrats again MidTierStatus!