Boy do I love Tuesdays! That is when many promotions on the “low cost” carriers like JetBlue and Southwest are announced. I went to Southwest first thing this morning before i even got out of bed and was extremely happy with what they had in store.
- Flights on available for travel November 28-December 12,2012 and January 7-February 14, 2013.
- Sundays are excluded
- The following city pairs are excluded:
- All travel to/from Ft. Myers, Florida
- Blackout dates include:
- Flights to/from New Orleans: January 17-January 21 and January 31-February 14
- Flights to/from Las Vegas: January 10-January 14, January 17-January 21, and January 31-February 14
- Flights to from Washington Reagan (DCA), Washington Dulles (IAD), and Baltimore (BWI): January 17-January 23
The 40% off is only valid for PAID “Wanna Getaway” fares, not those using points. Also, with Southwest you have 24 hours to cancel a flight for a full refund – they are very strict on the 24 hour rule, it is not until end of day the following day like some other airlines. If you book a flight and need to cancel after the 24 hours you will receive the full amount paid in a credit to be used one year from the date the ticket was purchased. Also, if you already have a Southwest flight booked that has gone down in price due to this sale, you can get a credit for the difference – which will expire one year from the date the original flight was purchased.
If this sale is anything like the other sales Southwest has, flights will increase in price over the next few days, so I suggest purchasing quickly if you know this sale will work for you.
Anyone able to get on this deal? I really have no need right now as my existing Southwest flights are during the blackout period, but maybe another long weekend trip somewhere can work! And Mr. Deals will fly for free due to the companion ticket!