This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I woke up to maybe the worst news in the points and miles world (okay, I might be overly dramatic about this, but thank you to reader Joey for sending this to me!) – the Starwood Cash & Points redemption chart is changing, and for the worst. I personally think that the SPG cash & point redemptions are the best to be had, so hearing that they are increasing will definitely alter the way I value SPG points – I used to not redeem unless I could get at least 3 cents per point, and that was at a minimum. With Cash & Points, there were times I was getting an easy 7 cents per point.
So here is the new reward chart:
- Category 1: 1,500 points + $30 (an increase of 300 points and $5) – now available to all participating hotels!
- Category 2: 2,000 points + $35 (an increase of 400 points and $5) – now available to all participating hotels!
- Category 3: 3,500 points + $55 (an increase of 700 points and $10)
- Category 4: 5,000 points + $75 (an increase of 1,000 points and $15)
- Category 5: 6,000 points + $110 (an increase of 1,200 points and $20)
- Category 6: 10,000 points + $180 (an increase of 2,000 points and $30)
- Category 7: 15,000 points + $275 (saying the same)