I woke up to maybe the worst news in the points and miles world (okay, I might be overly dramatic about this, but thank you to reader Joey for sending this to me!) – the Starwood Cash & Points redemption chart is changing, and for the worst. I personally think that the SPG cash & point redemptions are the best to be had, so hearing that they are increasing will definitely alter the way I value SPG points – I used to not redeem unless I could get at least 3 cents per point, and that was at a minimum. With Cash & Points, there were times I was getting an easy 7 cents per point.
So here is the new reward chart:
- Category 1: 1,500 points + $30 (an increase of 300 points and $5) – now available to all participating hotels!
- Category 2: 2,000 points + $35 (an increase of 400 points and $5) – now available to all participating hotels!
- Category 3: 3,500 points + $55 (an increase of 700 points and $10)
- Category 4: 5,000 points + $75 (an increase of 1,000 points and $15)
- Category 5: 6,000 points + $110 (an increase of 1,200 points and $20)
- Category 6: 10,000 points + $180 (an increase of 2,000 points and $30)
- Category 7: 15,000 points + $275 (saying the same)