This is a quick reminder that today is the last day to take advantage of the $10 free gift card from Plink. REMEMBER: THIS IS FOR NEW ACCOUNTS ONLY!
To quickly recap, new Plink members who sign up using this particular promotion page, you will earn 1,000 Plink points (worth $10) when you spend $10+ in a single transaction at ANY Plink merchant. Those 1,000 Plink points can then be redeem for a $10 gift card for a variety of stores.
- Participating merchants to spend the $10+ at with your registered credit card: Old Navy, Gap, Dunkin’ Donuts, 7-Eleven, Burger King, Outback Steakhouse, Arby’s, 1-800-flowers.com, Taco Bell, Regal Cinemas, Edwards Theaters, United Artists Theaters, Red Robin, Quiznos
- Gift card merchants to redeem your Plink points: iTunes, Tango card (which can then be redeemed at many merchants such as: Target, Home Depot, Pottery Barn and REI, etc.), Amazon.com, Walmart, Kohl’s, Barnes & Nobles, Overstock.com, Zappos, American Eagle (cannot be redeemed for $10 gift card)
Plink also added the One Fund Boston as a redemption opportunity, so you can donate your Plink points there and Plink will match your donation. Read more about this here.
You can also redeem for airline miles, but the redemption value is not good at all. Unless you are able to get 5 cents/mile when redeeming it is not recommended (1,000 points = 240 miles; 2,500 points = 600 miles; 5,000 points = 1,200 miles; 10,000 points = 2,400 miles).
How this works:
- Sign up for Plink
- Link your credit card to your Plink account – I know many do not trust this concept so the choice is yours
- Add any merchant to your Plink Wallet account that you will be shopping at
- Shop IN STORE at any of the merchants added to your Plink Wallet by April 28th and spend $10 or more in a single transaction on your registered credit card
If you shop at one of those participating merchants anyways, you can think of this as $10 for free. After you register you will then earn a certain number of points for future in store purchases based on the dollar amount spent. For example, if you spend $100 at the Gap (in a single purchase), you’ll earn 1,200 Plink points – essentially a 10% rebate to use elsewhere. My assumption (while not confirmed) is that gift card purchases in store work as well for you to then use online. Keep in mind that this is for in store purchases only so you only have a few hours left. Plink runs these types of promotions often it seems like, so if you miss out this time, don’t worry – chances are a new opportunity will come.
Also, once you register you will receive emails here and there with special bonus offers. For example, last week they were offering 1,000 Plink points (worth $10) for every $25 spent at the Gap or Old Navy. So while the regular points might take awhile to add up, the bonus points can really add up. I also hope that they continue to add more merchants as the list is pretty slim. I do like the redemption options though.
Also, I was able to create another account using a different email address (for a family member) and link it up to one of my credit cards even though it has the same billing address. The only thing is that you cannot use two of the same banks – for example, you cannot use two Chase cards.
- New Plink Members only
- Plink Member must link a credit or debit card by Sunday, 4/28 11:59 EST
- Minimum $10 purchase necessary (after the member links a credit/debit card to their Plink account) to qualify for the bonus 1,000 Plink Points by Sunday, 4/28 11:59 EST
- In-store purchases only at retail locations, not valid for online purchases
- Bonus 1,000 Plink Points will be awarded on Thursday, 5/2
- Purchases that occur on 4/29 or later will not count toward this promotion, but will continue to earn Plink Points at their regular rate
Note: The Plink link is a referral link. Thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy your free money!