This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I’ve written about Uber quite a bit as I think it is a great way to get around a large city. Essentially it is an “On-demand car service that allows everyone to have a private driver experience through iPhone, SMS, and web based requests.” It is less expensive than a car service, but slightly more expensive than a yellow cab. Your credit card is stored in your account so there is no exchange of money at the end of the ride. A 20% gratuity is automatically added as well. The cars are also extremely new/clean, and the company will even text you with the drivers name for extra security.
Uber has teamed up with Equinox gyms and is offering three free rides to/from select Equinox locations between May 20 and May 24, 2013. These locations include:
- All New York locations (23 locations and you can look up the exact address here)
- Beverly Hills, Century City, Downtown LA, Marina del Rey, Santa Monica, South Bay, West Hollywood, West LA and Westwood (you can lookup the exact address of these California locations here)
The great thing about this promotion which differs from many others is that this is NOT for new Uber accounts only – even if you’ve applied a promotion to your account previously, you can still apply this code as well. NOTE that this is for EQUINOX Members Only!
To take advantage of this promotion:
- Enter promo code EQUINOX into your account
- Maximum 3 complimentary rides per member during Monday May 20 through Friday 24
- Ride is complimentary up to a $30 value.
- A one way trip is (1) ride. A round trip is (2) rides.
- Riders will be charged the additional cost for any ride over $30.
- Remaining credit from rides under $30 may not be used towards future rides.
- Pick ups may be in an Uber vehicle or Tesla Model S. Tesla availability is limited.
Now, if you are a new Uber member, you can really maximize by signing up for Uber and using these promotion codes to start. You can only sign up with the referral link or one of the promotion codes I have listed. When there is a deal-a-day site promotion, those can be double dipped with Uber referral link and the deal-a-day site voucher code (i.e., Groupon, Living Social, Bloomspot, etc. As of righ tnow there are no promotions for these deals).
- New Uber members can get a free $10 credit just be signing up. This sign up must come from an existing member (the referrer receives a $10 credit as well after you take your first Uber trip).
- Or, apply one of these codes for first time users only (since I’ve already applied a first time user code to my account, I was not able to verify these all):
- UBERYO – $20 off Uber ride
- CSPNEW13 – $20 in free Uber credit
- ZIPCARSEATTLE – 1st ride FREE in Seattle up to $50
- All existing users can apply these codes (I was able to test these and they were applied to my account, although I have no use for them):
- SEAUBERTRAVEL Enjoy $25.00 off ONE trip to or from SeaTac. (Valid through 5/31/13. Good for ONE trip only.)
- EMBARRISTERS2013 – Enjoy 2 free rides up to $30 each for Barrister’s Ball!
To user Uber, you will need to download the app on your phone and enter your username/passcode. If anyone has any luck with the first time user credits or knows of any better ones please post in the comments section to help out other readers.