If you’ve been following this blog recently, you are probably well aware that I am a big fan of Uber car service. For those of you that don’t know, Uber is an “On-demand car service that allows everyone to have a private driver experience through iPhone, SMS, and web based requests.” It is less expensive than a car service, but slightly more expensive than a yellow cab. Your credit card is stored in your account so there is no exchange of money at the end of the ride. A 20% gratuity is automatically added as well. The cars are also extremely new/clean, and the company will even text you with the drivers name for extra security.
Until June 30, 2013, if you link your Uber account with your synced American Express card, you will get a $10 statement credit with a $30+ Uber purchase. The only caveat is that the $30 must be used in a single ride and cannot be combined through multiple rides. While American Express sync is typically available via Facebook and Twitter, I am only seeing this one available to register through your American Express online account. To do this, go to the “Offers for you” tab and click the “Save Offer” button.
Remember though, the $30 spent must be charged to your American Express card and cannot be pulled from any credits you currently have on file with Uber. The great thing about this promotion is it is independent from any other offer currently being promoted by Uber – new user promotion, referral promotion, free taxi promotions, etc.
The other current promotions with Uber include:
- Three free rides to/from Equinox locations in LA and NYC – related blog post
- New member registration promotion – $10 free in credit by signing up using an Uber referral link
- SEAUBERTRAVEL – Through 5/31/12 enjoy $25.00 off ONE trip to or from SeaTac. (this is available for all users, not just new users)
- EMBARRISTERS2013 – Enjoy 2 free rides up to $30 each for Barrister’s Ball (this is available for all users, not just new users)
- New members are also able to utilize a one time new user promotion, but currently there are none available that I can find that are also working – usually these are available via Living Social, Bloomspot, Groupon, etc. If you know of any new member sign up that is more than $10, please comment to let me know
Enjoy your $10 statement credit! Thanks to reader Joey for telling me about this deal!