A few weeks ago I posted that Uber has teamed up with Equinox gyms and is offering three free rides to or from select Equinox locations between May 20 and May 24, 2013. These locations include:
- All New York locations (23 locations and you can look up the exact address here)
- Beverly Hills, Century City, Downtown LA, Marina del Rey, Santa Monica, South Bay, West Hollywood, West LA and Westwood (you can lookup the exact address of these California locations here)
The great thing about this promotion which differs from many others is that this is NOT for new Uber accounts only – even if you’ve applied a promotion to your account previously, you can still apply this code as well. Originally the T&C did not state that this was for Equinox members only, but they have updated the terms to include this. I emailed the Uber/Equinox team to ask how you verify your Equinox membership with Uber (or the driver) and was told that Uber’s system back end will know whether you are not an Equinox member. Quite honestly, I am not sure how this will work as not everyone’s Uber account matches their Equinox information, such as full name vs. username, and different email addresses. So take this as you will – Uber hasn’t been able to provide me with anymore information.
To take advantage of this promotion:
- Enter promo code EQUINOX into your Uber account
- Maximum 3 complimentary rides per member during Monday May 20 through Friday 24
- Ride is complimentary up to a $30 value.
- A one way trip is (1) ride. A round trip is (2) rides.
- Riders will be charged the additional cost for any ride over $30.
- Remaining credit from rides under $30 may not be used towards future rides.
- Pick ups may be in an Uber vehicle or Tesla Model S. Tesla availability is limited.
- Valid for Equinox members only.