With the current 50,000 point offer for the four different Southwest credit cards, I decided to put together a series on the Southwest Companion Pass. As you are probably aware the 50,000 points that you receive from the sign up bonus and hitting the minimum spend requirements of $2,000 in the first three months currently count towards the companion pass. While I personally like the credit card simply for the bonus points (as 50,000 points = a flat $833), having the points count towards the companion pass is a HUGE perk for some. I’ve already written some about the companion pass already, but will compile those posts plus new posts into a new blog series. So here we go.
- What is a Southwest Airlines Companion Pass?
- How to Earn a Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
- Getting Two Southwest Credit Cards to Count Towards the Companion Pass
- Earning Non-Credit Card Points to Count Towards the Companion Pass
- Getting the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass for 2014 and 2015 Calendar Year
- Using the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass on AirTran
- Changing your Companion with the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
- Top 10 Questions for the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
As you can see, I’ve already written about some, but over the next two weeks will write about the other topics. I’ll also probably find additional topics along the way to add to this series. If there is something else you’d like to know in regards to the companion pass, in addition to the topics listed above, please let me know!
Southwest Gift Card Giveaway: To celebrate the companion pass I will be giving away two $100 Southwest Airlines gift cards at the end of next week (August 9, 2013). I’ll finish this blog series by August 8th as that is when the 50,000 point offer is set to expire so you will have all your information by then and see if getting the credit cards for the companion pass status is something you are interested in. You can enter into this giveaway every day I post on one of the topics listed above. Details on how this work to come, but it will involve commenting on my Deals We Like Twitter and/or Facebook page.