This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Marriott’s Fall MegaBonus promotion was just announced and will run from September 15, 2013 through January 15, 2014. This is the exact same promotion that they run about 3 times a year for the past many many many years. With all MegaBonus promotions, each individual is targeted for a different promotion depending on their stay pattern. In the past, members were able to call Marriott and get moved to another promotion. This last go-around folks were actually able to get a change confirmed, but the past two prior to that members had no luck changing their targeted offer. The flexibility might vary per member depending on your level.
You’ll need to sign into your account and see which promotion you received, but they include the following:
Typical offers are (based on past promotions):
- 2 stays = 1 free night for a category 1-4 hotel (expires 1 year from the date issued) – limit of three free night certificates earned during the promotion
- 2 stays = 1 free night for a category 1-5 hotel (expires 1 year from the date issued) – limit of two free night certificates earned during the promotion
- 20 nights = 35,000 points; 25 nights earns additional 10,000 for a total of 45,000 points
- 20 nights = 35,000 points; each additional night earns 2,000 points per night, up to 10 nights for a total of 55,000 points
- 15 nights = 25,000 points; 20 nights earns additional 10,000 for a total of 35,000 points
- 15 nights = 25,000 points; each additional night earns 2,000 points per night, up to 10 nights for a total of 45,000 points
Registration is required by November 15, 2013. If it takes you to “Session Timed Out” page, make sure to sign into your Marriott account and re-click on the registration link.
I personally was targeted for the stay twice, earn a category 1-5 certificate which I was pleased about. With the recent massive category changes the category 1-4 certificates are getting to be close to useless and devalues this particular promotion.
Even with the recent category changes, the other hotel summer promotions are sub-par, so this might be an enticing promotion (especially if you can get the free cat 1-5 night after two stays). I also like that they started extending the expiration date to 1 year for the certificates. Since I won’t be traveling much this Fall, I’ll probably have two different stays which will still get me a free 1-5 cat certificate.
Click here to view Marriott hotels and book a reservation.