This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
I actually have stayed at La Quinta properties! The one in New Orleans is great, right in downtown near all the tourist stuff. The one at the New Orleans airport is pretty poor, and the one at the Tampa airport is alright.
So let’s say you take part in this extremely addictive “La Quinta Returns Play and Stay” game (learn more here), where can you use your points? Remember, these points are free and easy to get and you never know where the might come in handy. Warning – this game is addictive!
Many people will brush off this promo as they have no desire to stay at a La Quinta property, but guess what? You can use your points at some pretty dam nice luxury hotels or even cash in your points for gift cards! I personally wouldn’t discard La Quinta hotels in general as there are some nice ones for those hotel needs right off the highway, or near the airport, etc. Or even in a big city where all you want is a place to crash. So here are your options…
La Quinta Property Free Night Awards:
- Free nights range from 6,000 points to 24,000 points a night
- This site gives you all the La Quinta hotels in each point category
Gift Cards & Certificates:
- 7,500 points for a $25 gift card at many merchants, for example: Amazon.com, AMC Theaters, Applebees, Bath & Body Works, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Macys, Kohl’s, Sears – you can see the entire list here (redeeming for gift cards is not the best use of your points)
- Transfer 6,000 La Quinta points for 1,000 airline miles: Aeromexico , American Airlines, Amtrak, Delta, Frontier, US Airways, Alaska Airlines
- Transfer 10,000 La Quinta points for: 2,000 US Airways miles
- Transfer 6,000 La Quinta points for 1,200 Southwest points
- Use your points at some luxury hotels in Arizona, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, and Washington
- Rates range form 20,000 to 45,000 points a night depending on time of year and the specific hotel
- You can check out all the parter hotels and points required here
You actually might find that the best redemption value is to use your points at La Quinta properties!