This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Last year Chase announced a limited time promotion where you’d earn 3x points when dining out and paying with your Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card. This was limited to the first Friday of the month, so really only 12 times a year. Typically, you earn 2x points at restaurants ALWAYS so getting a 50% bonus is great.
This is a reminder that today is the first Friday of the month, so by using your card for lunch or dinner you’ll earn the triple Ultimate Reward points. I value these points at a minimum of 2 cents per point, so I consider this a 6% “rebate” on my purchase.
How to fully maximize this promotion:
- If there is a certain restaurant you eat at always, then consider purchasing gift cards for that restaurant during the 3x points promotion so you’ll always be earning 3x points regardless of when you eat out! Just make sure the gift card is processed from the restaurant directly and not a 3rd party site.
- Put the entire bill on your card and have your friends pay you back. Use Amazon Payments or Chase Quick Pay
- Register your card with a mileage earning dining out program:
If you are new to this card or the entire Chase Ultimate Rewards program, you can read these prior blog posts to get up to speed.
- Introduction to Chase Ultimate Rewards Program
- Maximizing Chase Ultimate Rewards with Chase Freedom
- Downgrading your Chase Ultimate Rewards Card to Avoid the Annual Fee
- Best Redemption for Chase Ultimate Reward Points – Hotel Stays
- Best Redemption for Chase Ultimate Reward Points – Air Travel
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Chase Sapphire
- Chase Ultimate Rewards: Sapphire Preferred vs. Ink Bold
- Top 10 Chase Ultimate Reward Questions
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!