This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
If you are in the market for a credit card, there are currently some great limited time offers with a few set to expire soon. The four offers also represent three different banks, which is great.
Starwood American Express:
- Current offer: 30,000 points (10,000 after your first purchase and 20,000 after spending $5,000 within the first 6 months). This offer is set to expire June 30, 2014 (terms state that you must be approved by this date)
- Limited time offer difference: This offer is 5,000 points more then the typical offer, which to me is worth at least another $100.
- Application link: There are a few different ways to apply:
- Referral: If you know someone with the credit card, ask them to refer you. They will receive 5,000 bonus points. I’d appreciate the opportunity to refer anyone for the personal version of the card (you can email me at email@example.com), or you can ask a friend/family member to refer you using these links: Starwood American Express Personal referral link; Starwood American Express Business referral link
- Direct link: There are now direct links to apply for the card, but you might as well ask someone to refer you as there is no reason to leave the 5,000 referral bonus points on the table! Starwood American Express Personal direct link; Starwood American Express Business direct link (these are NOT affiliate links)
- Blog Post: Starwood Credit Card 30,000 Point Offer is Back!, Using a Starwood Amex Credit Card to Earn Free Flights, Are Authorized Users Eligible for the Starwood American Express 30,000 Point Offer? Starwood Blog Series
- Current offer: 2 free weekend nights after spending $2,500 within 4 months and a $100 statement credit after spending $100 or more on your first hotel stay at a Hilton hotel within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Limited time offer difference: Typically this offer does not include the $100 statement credit. If you are able to use it then this is clearly worth an additional $100 over the typical offer.
- Application link: Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Credit Card
- Blog Post: Hilton Reserve Credit Card Limited Time Offer – 2 Free Nights + $100 Statement Credit, Best Places to Use the Two Night Free Vouchers, Introduction to a New Hilton Credit Card, Hilton HHonors Blog Series
- Current offer: 20,000 points after spending $500 within 3 months. This offer has expired.
- Limited time offer difference: Typically this offer has been 10,000 points after meeting the same minimum spend requirement, so the current offer is double the norm. The current offer is worth at least $100 more then the typical offer if you redeem for cash, but can be worth much more if you have another Chase Ultimate Rewards account and can transfer your points to a partner airline/hotel (you can only do that if you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Bold, or Chase Ink Plus account).
- Application link: Chase Freedom®
- Blog Posts: Chase Freedom 20,000 Point Limited Time Credit Card Offer!, Chase Freedom 2014 5x Bonus Categories, Maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards with Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Card – Confusion Over Points vs. Cash Back
Southwest Airlines Credit Card:
- Current offer: 50,000 points after spending $2,000 within 3 months. This offer has expired.
- Limited time offer difference: Typically this offer is 25,000 points with usually the same minimum spend requirements. So the current offer gets you double the amount of points, which also means double the amount of qualifying points towards the Southwest Companion Pass!
- Application link: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Card
- Blog Posts: Southwest 50,000 Point Credit Card Offer is Back!, Four Different Southwest Credit Cards, Getting the Southwest Companion Pass, Southwest Airlines Companion Pass Blog Series, Southwest Rapid Reward Program Blog Series
Let me know if you have any specific questions about any of these Limited Time Offers!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!