This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
UPDATE: This promotion through Gilt City ends tomorrow night (Friday July 18, 2014). I know some readers were able to get on this deal, so wanted to remind you all of its end date in case this deal is of interest to you. Additionally, blogger Delta Points was able to point out that the terms have changed making one believe that you will earn miles for your flight. The terms state: “If you provide your SkyMiles number, you will earn standard mileage and MQMs on these flights.” While I am not sure what “standard” means, at least you should earn something.
Through Gilt City you are able to purchase discounted first class fares on Delta. This is only for flights to/from New York City, Los Angeles, and Austin. The vouchers can be purchased at the following fixed prices (which includes taxes/fees):
- One-Way First Class from Los Angeles to Austin or Austin to Los Angeles: $200
- One-Way First Class from New York City JFK to Austin or Austin to New York City JFK: $300
- Roundtrip First Class from Los Angeles to Austin or Austin to Los Angeles: $400
- Roundtrip First Class from New York City JFK to Austin or Austin to New York City JFK: $600
For first class tickets the fares are extremely favorable, but most likely more expensive then a regular economy class ticket. If you desire first class seats then this can be a great deal, or if you are looking at these routes and an economy class ticket is only slightly less expensive you might decide to splurge a bit. When purchasing this deal you’ll also earn 500 Delta Skymiles.
With all other deals, however, there are some restrictions:
- Flights must be booked by July 20, 2014 – so you only have less then 2 weeks to book the flights purchased
- Travel dates are for July 10, 2014 through March 1, 2015
- Blackout dates apply: August 28 through September 2, 2014; November 20-30, 2014; December 18, 2014 through January 4, 2015 – so no traveling during peak dates!
Other perks of purchasing this deal:
- Earn 1,000 Delta SkyMiles on your first Gilt or Gilt City purchase of $50+
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on Gilt or Gilt City, but if you are a Medallion member you’ll earn 2 miles for every $1 spent
You can learn more about this deal and purchase here. I am posting this a few hours before the deal goes live so you can decide ahead of time whether or not this is a good deal for you and if you want to take advantage. I was told that this deal will be live for 5 days or until sold out (which could happen very quickly). I’ll repost this deal right when the sale is available as a reminder.
Is this something you’d purchase?!