This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Southwest Airlines is currently having a fare sale with flights as low as $73 one-way. They are also offering a nice bonus on every flight booked during this sale! For flights booked by August 14, 2014 and completed between August 25 and December 14, 2014 you’ll earn double points!
I received this offer in my email last week and it does say it is an exclusive promotion only for the recipient of the email, I was able to register other family members. If you did not receive the email, but you are still able to register I cannot guarantee that you’ll actually receive the bonus points, but it is worth a try! I suggest taking a screen shot of your registration confirmation.
To earn the double points:
- Step 1: Register between August 5, 2014 and August 14, 2014.
- Step 2: Book your flights through Southwest Airlines® between August 5, 2014 and August 14, 2014.
- Step 3: Complete your flights between August 25, 2014 and December 17, 2014.
The fare sale is also a great opportunity to see if any future fares you already have booked have gone down in price. You can read more about the process of re-booking your flight if it is now cheaper, but here are the two scenarios on how you will get the fare difference back:
- Paid Flight: If you paid for your flight you will receive a voucher for the difference in fare price to be used one year from the date the flight was originally purchased (NOT the date the change process took place). This voucher is non-transferable. The voucher will be tied to the confirmation number of the original flight. There is NO fee for this.
- Using Points: If you booked your flight using points, the difference in points will go back into your account immediately. Again, there is NO fee for this. This is why I love booking Southwest flights using points!