This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Through this Sunday, September 7, 2014, new members can sign up for TopCashBack.com and get $10 for free for trying it out. TopCashBack.com is an online shopping portal where you earn a certain percentage of cash back by going through their site first then making the purchase. Unlike some of the other cash back rebate sites, you can cash out your earned money at any point, you do not need to hit a certain minimum threshold (i.e., some of them require you to have at least $25 to cash out).
To earn the $10 bonus for simply trying TopCashBack.com you need to accrue $10 in payable cash back. This means once you “make” $10 in cash back the $10 bonus will be credited to your account. You do not need to earn the $10 in cash back by this Sunday, just sign up by then!
looked into many many merchants, and found some great cash back opportunities via the site:
- Banes & Nobles – 8% cash back
- Nordstrom – 8% cash back!
- Expedia.com – 8% cash back
- Aldo Shoe – 12% cash back
- Walmart – 5% cash back
- Staples – 3% cash back
- Carter’s – 6% cash back
- Bed Bath & Beyond – 4% cash back
Essentially you can think of this as a discount on your purchase. So if you are buying something at Nordstrom.com that costs $100, you are getting a 11% discount (thus $11.00 back via this rebates site + the $10 bonus if you are a new customer).
Also, TopCashBack.com does not limit it to one account per household. So if you are already a member, you can go ahead and refer your parents, children, significant other, etc. and you will both receive the $10 bonus once the threshold is met!
How does this work?
- First, register for topcashback.com. Thanks so those that sign up through my referral link, but feel free to leave your referral link in the comments section as well! The referrer will also receive a $10 bonus once the new member earns $10 in payable credits.
- Search for the online shopping store you are looking for. Remember, not every store is on this site. Also, make sure to take a look at a few of the online shopping portals to see which one gives you the best offer.
- Some merchants give a different cash back amount based on the product. For example, at Best Buy you might get 6% on some select purchases, but only 1.7% back on a laptop. Also, many times they state that the purchase of gift cards are excluded (although there are times when those purchases slip through the cracks).
- Once you click the “Get Cashback Now” button, you will be taken directly to the merchants website. Tracking codes in the URL are able to figure out where you came from and thus give commission to the site who sent you there (while I am not a tech person so do not fully understand the ins and outs of this, I promise it works!).
Essentially, this takes probably an extra 1 minute of your time to ultimately book your travel or purchase an item from the exact same website you would have originally! No coupons needed and you get a discount on your purchase, not too shabby, right?! Enjoy your extra savings!