This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
A new American Express offers promotion just surfaced where you can get a $10 statement credit after a $50 purchase at participating stores, up to 3 times (so a $30 statement credit in total)! And you can register every American Express credit card you have. Either register here or tweet #AmexShopNYC. The main damper to this promotion is that the list of participating stores is very limited and only worthwhile if you actually shop at these stores. Only in-store purchases are included at the location listed on the registration site and is valid through November 15, 2014.
The stores include:
- B&H Photo
- Brooklyn Industries
- Century 21 Department Store
- Cole Haan (purchase an in-store gift card to use at the outlets)
- C. Wonder
- Fishs Eddy
- Jennifer Miller Jewelry
- Jonathan Adler (combine with friends & family 20% off offer through 10/20)
- Olive & Bette’s
- Sam Ash Music
- Sony Store
- Tourneau Madison Ave
I am bummed to see such a short list of participating merchants, but for those that shop regularly at one of the above stores, this could be a great promotion for you! Or, if you’ve been looking for an expensive electronic item, B&H Photo is a great place and if you have multiple cards this can ultimately get you 20% off. And Century 21 is another great place (if you are willing to battle the crowds!) as you can purchase almost any article of clothing, shoes, accessories, etc.
Currently, I haven’t been able to find to purchase a gift card and use it at another store. These are pretty standalone stores with no partner affiliations. But you can always purchase a gift card (as long as it is processed in-store) and use post November 15, 2014. Anyone find any good opportunities?
To sync your Amex card to this promotion:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync. This is the easiest way to sync multiple cards – here are detailed instructions on how to sync with Twitter. Tweet #AmexShopNYC
- or, Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Shop NYC offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button.
- or, Register each individual card at this American Express site.
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Amex Sync 101: Overview and Q&A
- Amex Sync 201: Syncing with AmericanExpress.com
- Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy!