This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
- New Award Chart: There will be a new award chart starting January 22, 2014. I am putting together a detailed post for you to read later today. Overall though, 22 hotels are increasing a category and 48 hotels are decreasing a category. Some good changes and some bad. Nothing so surprising though.
- Points + Cash: Points + Cash was rolled out earlier this year and fortunately is here to stay for 2015.
- My Elite Rate: Unfortunately though, the My Elite rate where elite members receive a 20% discount on best available rate will not continue through 2015.
- Bed Type Guarantee Policy: Starting January 1, 2015, all members will be guaranteed their selected bed type. Up until this point only elite members were covered by this policy. While you used to receive 5,000 bonus points if the reserved bed type was not available, you now will not receive any points. So I am not sure what the ramifications are if a particular Hyatt hotel doesn’t stand up to the policy, but chances are you’ll never face this issue.
- January Promotion: There will be a new Hyatt promotion come January. Details have not yet been released.
I am sad to see the My Elite Rate disappear although I was told that Hyatt is looking at some new programs to be rolled out early in 2015.