I just came across another great Amex Offer where if you spend $100 or more at Staples, you’ll get a $25 statement credit. Unfortunately though, this is a targeted promotion and only available through your AmericanExpress.com account, not Twitter. This means you must check your account to see if you are eligible. his is for online purchases only at Staples.com (not in-store) and expires February 7, 2015.
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab
- Find the Staples offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (not everyone will see this promotion in their account unfortunately)
I am 9 out of 9 with cards eligible for this offer, so it seems to be not too targeted. Hopefully all of you are eligible as well! Now, if you see this offer on more than one card in your account, make sure to follow these instructions first on how to sync multiple cards. Do not click the “Save Offer” button right away. Also, make sure to save this offer to your account sooner than later since enrollment is limited.
Taking advantage of this offer:
- While the terms state the physical and eGift cards are excluded, this typically just applies to Staples gift card purchases online. You can still purchase a gift card for another merchant or a Visa gift card and that will trigger the $25 statement credit. Physical gift cards that are sent to you in the mail come with a $1.99 fee while eGift cards are free. A $100 Visa gift card comes with a $6.95
- Purchase a free after rebate item. Many times Staples sells many items that ultimately end up being free after you submit a rebate for the exact same amount you paid. American Express just sees the amount you pay for the item on your synced card and doesn’t care/know if you are getting a check back for the purchased amount.
- Go through an online shopping portal. Many online shopping portals will give you cash back, points, or miles for your purchase.
To learn more about these American Express Offers, read this series:
- Amex Sync 101: Overview and Q&A
- Amex Sync 201: Syncing with AmericanExpress.com
- Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!