This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Today’s Daily Getaway promotion (Week 3, Day 1) is offering a one day Avis car rental for $30. This certificate is valid for any car-class up to a Premier car (Group G) and includes time and mileage. While $30/day might be good for some reservations, I do not think this is must jump on now deal. I personally wouldn’t purchase this deal speculatively unless you know of a certain rental where you can’t get cheaper than $30/day (including tax). And unfortunately New York City is excluded. Typically you also cannot combine coupon codes with these certificates. The certificates expire April 30, 2016.
Keep in mind that this is not valid for one way rentals and the terms state that you must return the car to the same facility you picked it up at. Also, you are able to combine up to 7 of these certificates for your entire rental.
- Coupon certificate entitles the intended recipient to one (1) day’s daily time and mileage charges of any car-class up to a Premium (group G) car. Specialty car classes such as H, F, W, Z, L, V, P, K, X (Cool Cars), and S are excluded.
- Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) may apply and are the responsibility of the bearer.
- Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less) and refueling are extra. A redemption fee may apply.
- Offer subject to vehicle availability at time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times.
- Cars must be returned to renting location.
- For reservations made on Avis.com, reward day will be applied at time of rental.
- Twenty-four (24)-hour advance reservation is required.
- May not be used in conjunction with any other promotion, or offer.
- Avis reserves the right to alter terms and conditions and use of coupon certificates.
- Avis reserves the right to refuse or expire coupon certificates at any time without prior notification.
- No more than seven (7) coupons may be used on one (1) rental at any given time.
- Coupon certificates cannot be applied to completed rentals.
- A limited number of cars are made available for use in conjunction with this offer and the number varies depending on season and location.
- Holiday and other blackout periods may apply.
- Rental reward coupons are valid at participating Avis locations in the U.S. (excluding the New York Metro area), Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- If a rental begins during a blackout period, the whole rental is blacked out and does not qualify for use of a coupon certificate.
- Renter must meet Avis age, driver, and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under twenty-five (25) years old.
- Rental must be completed by April 30, 2016.
- Coupon certificates have no cash value, are non-transferable, cannot be sold, exchanged or returned, are non-refundable, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Coupon certificates that have been sold, altered, or copied are void and will not be honored. Intended recipient of this coupon certificate must visit the Avis counter to sign and surrender this coupon certificate at the time of rental.
- All sales are final.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
I personally will not be purchasing this deal as I do not like the concept of purchasing a certificate that will expire for a cost that might not actually be a great value. Don’t get me wrong though, some will definitely get their moneys worth with this deal.
This deal will go on sale at 1pm EST TODAY Monday April 6. There are 700 packages available and I am not sure how quickly they will go. My assumption is if you are interested in purchasing the deal you’ll be able to do so. You can purchase a maximum of 7 packages.