This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
There is an EXTREMELY targeted Amex Offer that came out yesterday offering a $20 statement credit on a $20+ purchase at Amazon.com. Ultimately giving you $20 for FREE. I tested it out on Twitter and unfortunately cannot find any registration page on it, so it looks like the only option is to go to your AmericanExpress.com account and see if you were targeted.
I received this offer on one out of many of my entire families cards and haven’t really seen it discussed elsewhere so don’t be surprised if you are not eligible. However, if you do, know that purchasing a $20 gift card will trigger the statement credit! That means you can purchase a gift card now and apply it to your account to use at a future time. The offer expires either June 6 or June 14, 2015 – there are two different dates on the registration page!
Now, before you go ahead and save the offer to your card, check out all your cards on the same account to see if the offer appears for multiple accounts. If so, you will be able to take advantage on all targeted cards, but only if you follow these directions very carefully. Saving the offer to a card will make the offer disappear from another card. DO NOT jump the gun and click the “Save Offer” button just yet!
Directions to sync to multiple cards in one account:
- Sign into your American Express account and select your first card in the account (let’s call this “Card A”) and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab.
- Open up another tab on your web browser and sign into your American Express account again.
- Select your second card in the account (let’s call this “Card B”) and go to the Amex Offers For You” tab.
- On the first tab for Card A, click the “Save Offer” button for the targeted offer.
- Then go to the second tab for Card B, click the “Save Offer” button for the targeted offer.
Make sure to do this carefully to ensure the offer syncs to both cards. If you have a third, fourth, fifth, etc. card for the same account, you will then need to open as many browsers as you have cards to sync.
Another option to 100% verify you sync correctly is to create a different account/username for every card. This can get quite annoying when it comes to checking accounts, paying bills, etc. but it depends on what works easiest for you. You can learn more about this Amex Offers double browser trick here.