This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Yesterday I posted about a $15 free offer for those with an Amex Membership Rewards credit card, however, today I came across another offer for those with a Discover credit card. This is actually an even better offer as you get $10 off a $10 purchase (so think of it as a free $10 item!) by linking your Discover card to your Amazon.com account.
I personally am not eligible for this offer since I do not have a Discover credit card, but many people had great success in this Slickdeals thread. It is a targeted offer, but as I mentioned in yesterdays post, you can contact customer service and see if they will manually credit you the $10 off your $10 item. It has worked plenty of times in the past for similar offers.
How to take advantage of this promotion:
- Link your eligible American Express Card to your Amazon.com account here.
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $10 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping card. Many merchant gift cards work as well, so you can go ahead and search for merchant gift cards here.
- On the payment page, select your Discover credit card that was just linked. Select “Choose a different amount” and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I suggest entering just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point!
- On the check out page, enter the promotion code SWP07DFS10. If you were not targeted for the promotion, it will say “The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.”
- You will see the $10 taken off on the right-hand side displaying your total amount.
As mentioned above, if you were not targeted for this offer, you still might be able to get customer service to manually apply the $10 discount to your order. Directions on contacting customer service and getting this applied are similar to this past post (just keep in mind that the coupon code is different).
For those that are eligible, enjoy your $10 free at Amazon!