This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Amex Offer just launched two great promotions where you can ultimately get a $20 statement credit by paying your cell phone bill AND cable bill with a registered American Express credit card. Unfortunately though, these are targeted promotions and only available through your AmericanExpress.com account, not Twitter. This means you must check your account to see if you are eligible. I am 3 out of 5 with cards eligible for this offer, so there is a good chance you’ll see this offer!
Cell Phone Bill
Receive a $10 statement credit with a $75+ transaction. You are able to do this 2 times per registered Amex card, thus giving you $20! This is available for AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, and Verizon. The transaction must hit your credit card by January 31, 2016. If your monthly bill is less then $75, call up your cell phone provider and make two transactions of $75 to pay your bill in advance and trigger the statement credit.
Receive a $10 statement credit with a $50+ transaction. You are able to do this 2 times per registered Amex card, thus giving you $20! This is available only for services provided in California, New York, New Jersey, and Illinois. The transaction must hit your credit card by January 31, 2016.
To Register your Amex Card for this Promotion
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab
- Find the “Save On Your Cell Phone Bill” offer and “Save on your Cable or Satellite Bill” offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (not everyone will see this promotion in their account unfortunately)
Now, if you see this offer on more than one card in your account, make sure to follow these instructions first on how to sync multiple cards. Do not click the “Save Offer” button right away. Also, make sure to save this offer to your account sooner than later since enrollment is limited.
Now, I personally pay my cell phone bill with my Chase Ink card since I get 5x points (the Amex SimplyCash card also gives 5x points). While 5x points is better than the 1x point you’ll earn with almost any other American Express card, getting a $10 statement credit on a $75 purchase, or a 13.3% return is much better.
To learn more about these American Express Offers, read this series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!