A new Amex Offers promotion just came out where you can get a $25 statement credit with a $100+ purchase at Amtrak. This is a great promotion where you can essentially get up to 25% off your train ride! Unfortunately though, this offer is only available through your AmericanExpress.com account (no Twitter hashtag yet), and is targeted.
This is valid for train reservations booked in-station at Amtrak or online at Amtrak.com. The transaction must hit your credit card by December 31, 2015, but your travel can take place at any point.
While Amtrak sells gift cards online, I am not 100% sure if it will actually trigger the statement credit. It is purchased through the Amtrak store so I am not sure how that shows on the credit card statement.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Amtrak offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards, so make sure to read this post first to learn how to sync multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
- Spend $100+ at Amtrak with your synced Amex card. The transaction must hit your credit card by December 31, 2015!
I recommend enrolling sooner than later to ensure it does not reach maximum capacity.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!