This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Over the past few weeks I’ve written about the IHG “Surprises” promotion a few time. With this promotion you receive a surprise offer with every stay at an IHG hotel. But the BEST PART OF THE PROMOTION is that you can actually enter without having to stay! You can fill out a 3×5 piece of paper with the required information, put it in the mail and you’ll receive a surprise offer as well! Much cheaper then actually staying at an IHG hotel, just takes some cramped hands! Related posts: 47,000 IHG points for $46; Win LOTS of IHG Points; IHG “Surprises” are Here!
With this offer, there are some top prizes including trips to the Paris tennis tournament, New York City, and Orlando. Another major prize includes winning 1,000,000 IHG Points! I know many Deals We Like readers got into this promotion and I was beyond excited to receive this email yesterday:
A Deals We Like reader won the 1 million IHG point prize!!! And the way she entered was from the comfort of her house and mailing in the 3×5 piece of paper! I know with many promotions you never think anyone will really win the “big” prize, but it can be done! So for those sitting on the sidelines, get a pen and paper ready and start entering for this offer! At the bare minimum you will win 47,000 points if you send in the maximum 94 entries per person. This is pretty much a free room at any IHG hotel and will only cost you approx $50. The terms of the promotion state that each account is allowed 94 entries, so multiple people within the same household should be able to enter – just make sure you use your specific account. And I highly suggest not creating multiple accounts per person as IHG is notorious for shutting down accounts that have gamed the system.
How to Play….
Items to Purchase:
- Purchase at least 94 3×5 notecards. From reports read, it doesn’t matter if the notecard is ruled or blank. I personally purchased these ones on Amazon for $2.29, although there are way more then I need, it was only $2.29. While you can get a 100 pack at Staples for slightly cheaper and use a card that gives you 5x points (i.e., Chase Ink cards), or even cheaper at The Dollar Store, I was not going to go to the store to save a few pennies.
- Purchase at least 94 envelopes. The terms do not state anything about the size of the envelope, so any size that a 3×5 piece of paper fits in will work. I purchased these ones on Amazon for $6.99. I wanted to find envelopes where I didn’t have to lick 94 seals! I am sure these are cheaper at The Dollar Store too.
- Purchase 94 stamps. This will cost you $46.06. Using a Chase Ink card at an office supply store will get you 5x points on this purchase!
Filling Out and Sending In Entry Form:
- Sign up for an IHG Rewards Club account number if you do not already have one.
- Register for this promotion!
- On the 3 x 5 piece of paper, handwrite the following information (the terms specify you must handwrite it and no reports yet show a successful entry if it was computer generated; also, you do not need to write out all 8 categories on the piece of paper, just the information itself will work):
- Full Name
- Complete Mailing Address
- Day Phone Number
- Evening Phone Number
- Email Address (make sure this is EXTREMELY legible)
- IHG Number
- First 6 Digits of MasterCard (does not need to be an IHG card)
- Date of Birth
- For the envelope, it does not specify that you must handwrite the address, however, it does state “use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification”. As of right now, there are no reports that show successful entries with using printed labels for the address. However, there are reports showing success with the return address being a printed label (or not even included at all). It is up to you whether or not you want to print labels or possibly be safe and just write it out on all 94 entries. The mailing address is:
- IHG and MasterCard® Priceless Surprises® Promotion, c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5996, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5996
- (there have been successful reports showing that you do not need to include the registered trademark ®)
- Every envelope can only contain one 3 x 5 entry card. This means you must write out and send in 94 separate envelopes.
While you are supposed to receive your prize via email within 5 business day, give it some grace period and assume two weeks before you hear anything.
Congrats to anyone who has won something thus far and goodluck with future prizes!