This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Jetsetter just sent me a 48-hour 5% off discount code for select hotels on their site. While 5% off is a nice added bonus, you can always ALWAYS get 5% off by using the code GIVE5. This is not a limited time promotion, but an ongoing offer you can ALWAYS take advantage of! I often forget about this offer, so I wanted to remind you all about this extra way to save!
PLUS, through January 31, 2016, you can receive a $20 statement credit with a $100 or more purchase at Jetsetter by using your registered American Express credit card.
- Register every American Express credit card you have with Twitter. If you have not already done this, follow the directions outlined in this previous blog post.
- Tweet #AmexJetsetter from EVERY twitter account. I personally use TweetDeck to simplify my life as I am able to just send off one tweet and it registers all my accounts! Just make sure you receive the confirmation tweet back from @AmexOffers.
- Make your $100+ hotel reservation at Jetsetter by January 31, 2016.
- or, you can register from your AmericanExpress.com account, you’ll just have to use the multi-browser trick to register multiple cards.
Some things to know with the Amex Offer:
- The $100 charge can include any taxes and fees. American Express only cares that a single transaction of $100 is charged to your card!
- Many readers have told me that they had success purchasing a $100 Jetsetter gift card. This can help for two reasons: 1) If you have an expensive stay, you can then use multiple gift cards which will allow you to save more money then just $20; and 2) You can use the gift card for a future time post January 31st.
Jetsetter can sometimes be a great deal, while other times extremely expensive, but if you are looking to book a hotel, it is worth taking a look. I personally was able to find the best price with Jetsetter when I went to Barbados a few years back. As with any “deal” site, make sure to still do your research to ensure you are getting the best price for the hotel you are looking to stay at