This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
If you are a Delta credit card holder, you can use the “pay with miles” option on Delta.com and anything under C$284 is pricing out at just 250 miles. This is for flights originating in Canada. Think Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, etc. If you are based in the US, just use another airline (i.e., British Airways Avios points) to get to Canada and then use this “glitch” to get home. Also, this will work for business and first class seats as long as the price is under the C$284 price point. Thank you Dan’s Deals for initially writing about this!
Some cheap British Airways Avios options to get from the US to Canada:
- NYC to Toronto – 4,500 Avios
- NYC to Montreal – 4,500 Avios
- Chicago to Toronto – 4,500 Abios
- Los Angeles to Vancouver – 7,500 Avios
- Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto – 10,000 Avios
- Make sure you are logged into your Delta.com account
- You must have 25,000 or more Delta miles in your account to make it work (American Express Membership Reward points transfer immediately if needed)
- You have 24 hours to cancel your flight, so book now and think later!
- Do not make non-refundable hotel or other flights – since this is a glitch the fare is not yet 100% guaranteed
This has been working through the night, but I foresee it getting pulled soon! If you are thinking about a trip to Canada, go ahead and make a return flight now!