This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This morning American Express came out with a great offer where you can get a $50 statement credit with a $250+ purchase with Virgin America. Unfortunately though, this offer is not available via Twitter so you will need to check your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you are eligible. I personally received this offer on all of my Amex credit cards, so it should be widely available.
This promotion is valid for transactions between February 1 and March 15, 2016. That means the charge must hit your credit card between these dates to trigger the statement credit. That DOES NOT mean you must fly between those dates. The terms state a minimum of $250 in “one or more” transactions. This means that multiple purchases that add up to at least $250 will trigger the statement credit. For some Amex Offers it must be in a single transaction, but this one appears to be different. It does not matter the number of passengers, if it is one-way or roundtrip, just as long as the total of all your airfare purchases between these dates is $250. And if you were targeted on multiple accounts, you can maximize this offer by booking two one-ways with two different registered cards (assuming both one ways are $250 or more).
You must book your flight directly with Virgin America to trigger the statement credit. Third party bookings via expedia.com, orbitz.com, etc. will not qualify.
To register for this offer
- Sign into your American Express account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab.
- Search for the Virgin America offer and “Save” the offer to your card. If you were targeted on multiple cards make sure to read these directions first to learn more about saving the offer to more than one card. DO NOT save the offer before reading this post!
- Make a total of $250 in purchases by March 15, 2016. You do not actually need to travel by this date, but the transaction must hit your credit card by this date.
If you are looking to book an upcoming Virgin America flight, this is an easy way to save $50. This can also be combined with any Virgin America promo code that might appear over the next 6 weeks.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can also check all current American Express statement credit offers here.