This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
The hotel booking site Stayful is offering $75 in credits towards a future stay by taking advantage of two promotions:
- $25 credits: Sign up through a referral link (feel free to post your link in the comments section and keep in mind that sign up credits expire 90 days after they are earned)
- $50 credits: Enter code LEAP50 during checkout (this promotion code expires February 29, 2016)
The $25 credit is valid only for new accounts, but the $50 credit can be used by anyone. The only caveat is that the hotel reservation must be at least $200 for the promo code to work. If you are looking at a less expensive hotel stay, there is also a $25 off $100 reservation by using code SPRINGSECRET.
There was a similar promotion last December and from the comments I received at that time, it seemed like creating a Stayful account by using your Facebook account seemed to work the best. If you sign up with Facebook you do not need to confirm your email and phone number which held up many folks last time.
I know many people took advantage of booking a hotel reservation through this site back in December and from what I heard it worked out well! Ultimately, it allows you to bid (think Priceline) on boutique hotel rooms. You can make an offer to a specific hotel in their system and you’ll hear back within 24 hours whether or not your bid was approved. For many hotels, you’ll hear back within seconds. Fortunately, it is not a binding offer so you can always decline if you find a better rate elsewhere (or bid on multiple hotels through the site). You can also only book a hotel room 30 days out.
Some things to know…
After playing around with the site for the past few months, there are many things I learned on how it works:
- You can only book a hotel room for 30 days out.
- After placing an instant offer on a hotel room, you are not locked into your bid. Once you receive an accepted or counter offer back, you can always decline and not pay for it.
- You can place bids 3 different times in a single city every 24 hours. You can place as many bids as you want throughout different cities.
- All hotel reservations are pre-paid. No cancelations allowed.
- Creating an account using Facebook log in is by far the easiest way. No email or phone confirmation is then required.